We are on the hunt for a Sr Motion Designer to join our band of talented artists and storytellers. In this role you can expect a diverse range of missions from designing for live action and FX, crafting 2D and 3D motion graphics and animation, to developing designs and content for massive events, digital activations and real time game engine projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and demonstrable experience in the following:
- Creative Design
- Savvy design, art, & typography skills that track with the latest design trends.
- Sumptuous Motion - Sophisticated & beautiful animation in both 2D & 3D
- Experiential - designing or creating motion for real-time applications (unity, unreal, projection mapping, etc) is a big plus
- Curious - You are comfortable with and drawn to learning new technologies and software that help you make cooler and/or more efficient work.
- Conceptual Thinker - Excellent at translating scripts and briefs into style frames & storyboards.
- Problem solving- quick to break down a script, a set of boards, or a creative task into a plan.
- You are comfortable leading teams of artists on complex projects. You bring solutions to the clients and teams you work with, creating a calm and focused experience in an otherwise ambiguous work setting.
- You care about people and the value of great team chemistry. You back this up by leading as a collaborator, a mentor, and demonstrating that the best place for your ego is at the door.
- Solid verbal and written skills with the team and clients.
- Dynamic ability to be present with the client while managing personal time to hit deadlines.
- Proactively identify and raise issues or roadblocks that may impede the progress of a milestone ensuring resolution and swift action without compromising trust.
- We all know that we can’t think of every comprehensible task that will come your way. As additional opportunities arise, your manager will work with you to define these more specifically for your success!
Compensation is based on experience and ability. Benefits for full time staff include paid vacation and 401k.
- Has considerable experience and knowledge working in 3D software - Cinema 4D and/or Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects with related plugins
- Strong portfolio demonstrating ability in creating beautiful motion graphics, type, design, & layouts
- Demonstrates agility operating a fast paced, dynamic, and client oriented environment
- 5+ Years of progressive experience (Strength of portfolio taken into consideration)